Do you have oily, unhealthy skin, and are you fighting blemishes even though you are well past adolescence? This is a common frustration even for adults, and you may find that you are fighting acne and blemished skin well into middle age. The good news is that there are some things that you can do to improve the look of your skin. Healthy, beautiful skin is actually within your reach! The following article outlines a few simple tips for taking care of your skin that will do wonders for your complexion, and quite possibly your overall health as well. If you find that nothing is helping your oily, blemished skin, perhaps it is time to locate a reputable dermatologist in Lighthouse Point, FL.
Tips for Taking Care of Your Skin
Glowing, beautiful skin is within your grasp, all you have to do is reevaluate the way you think about your skin and commit to making a few changes. There is much that you can do to improve the look, texture, and health of your skin, and the following list can help you by offering some tips for taking proper care of your skin.
- Tip #1: Eat healthier. If you have a sweet tooth and much of your diet includes candy, chocolate, and greasy foods, your complexion may suffer as a result. If you want your skin to be glowing and appear healthy (not to mention have less acne and blemishes), then proper nutrition is key to a healthy complexion. You need to cut out chocolates and fatty foods, and replace them with healthier choices that promote a healthy complexion.
- Tip #2: Drink plenty of water. The more hydrated your skin is, the softer and smoother it will be. If you find that your skin is often dry or even puffy, you may not be drinking enough water. A properly hydrated body is a healthy body, and the more water you take in, the more that change will be reflected in a healthier complexion.
- Tip #3: Go easy on the soaps. If you have oily skin that is marred with blemishes, you may be tempted to use every kind of soap and product on the market that is touted as an acne remover. In fact, the more soap you put on your skin, the more you dry it out, removing essential oils that keep your skin soft and healthy. The more dry and unhealthy your skin is, the more blemishes you will see. Oftentimes, the best remedy for oily and blemished skin is warm water and a soak with a warm washcloth.
- Tip #4: Avoid touching your face. If you have oily skin, touching your face will only make it oilier. Dirt and contaminants from your hands will end up in your pores, which can cause more acne outbreaks.
- Tip #5:Visit a dermatologist. If you feel like your acne is out of control, and nothing seems to improve your condition, it is probably time to visit a dermatologist in Lighthouse Point, FL. Your dermatologist can assess your situation and prescribe a topical ointment or even an oral medication to improve your acne. There are many options available to you for preventing and healing your acne condition (both mild and extreme) if you make the decision to visit a local dermatologist for some help.